Sunday, September 21, 2008

School Notes

Neurologists must love the first week of school. Every parent (alright, mother, I was trying to give the guys the benefit of the doubt) who has filled out twelve different sheets of paper all asking for the same information has experienced the seering pain that runs through the arm as you look at the pile of papers that are still left to fill out.



Do not despair! I have come up with a solution. A solution that is so simple it is going to knock your socks off! A solution that is so efficient you are going to wonder how to spend your hours of freed up time. A solution that is so fabulous you are going to think it just might bring world peace. Okay, maybe that last one was a little far fetched.



Labels. That is right. You heard me, labels. I made sheets of address labels that have my name, address, phone numbers, and email address and did the same for my husband and now, instead of filling out twelve different sheets of paper times six, I just place a label in the appropriate places. I now have more time to do the dishes, the laundry, bathe people, and cook dinner. You can imagine how thrilled I must be. All kidding aside, it really has saved me quite a bit of time and my wrist no longer hurts so know I can spend more time doing this.



I know that some schools have sheets of fill-in-the-blank style notes for their students. I think this is a great idea and I made some up a few years ago for my own family. They have check boxes for each child's name, check boxes with a list of potential reasons that I would be contacting the school and my name and phone number listed with a blank spot for my signature. It too has saved me a lot of time. It looks similar to this.




DATE____________


Dear_____________Staff

___Ariel
___Michael
___Jacob
___Matthew
___Hannah

___was late today due to

___was absent on ________ due to
___ will be picked up at _____ for
___will be going home with
___I would like a conference/phone call please
___Other


Thank you






Mrs. Diana (phone number)

If you are interested in getting it in Word I will send it to you and then you can just make the appropriate changes. Le me know, I will be happy to send it to you.

No comments: