Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dude, I'm not Chinese!

Yesterday we got Chinese food delivered for dinner. Before the guy showed up I told my family that I was going to tell the delivery guy that I didn't think he was really Chinese. With one eyebrow up I would accuse him of being Mongolian instead. They all rolled their eyes at me.

The delivery guy was a very white kid with red hair. I raised one eyebrow and said, "I don't think you're really Chinese" I did not accuse him of being Mongolian.

He told me this story. When I first started this job I went to house where a young kid, around 8 or 9 answered the door. He looked at me suspiciously and said, "You don't look Japanese." His mother, who was in another room and couldn't see me yelled, "He's not Japanese, honey, he's Chinese" The little boy's eyes widened and he looked at me even more suspiciously than before so I gently told him, "Dude, I'm not Chinese"

No comments: