Monday, July 28, 2008

Our vacation 2008 Part 4

Monday July 28, 2008

This morning I ate breakfast on the back porch. I was awakened, for the third day, with the bright morning sun shining in my face. The bed faces the east and there are no curtains on the windows. “GOOD MORNING!” the sun seems to shout at us. “Milk please, milk please,” came next from Hannah. I tried to buy myself a few more minutes in bed by insisting that she give me a hug and kiss before I get her some milk. It didn’t really work. She simply stood on the side of the bed waiting for me to lean over. I got up, made some coffee, and realized that the kitchen is set up all wrong. The sink and cups are in one corner of the kitchen and the coffee pot is in the other corner. So, you go to the coffee maker and get the pot, go to the sink to fill it, go back to the maker to fill the maker from the pot. Go to the cups, get a cup, go to the fridge for the creamer which is in another corner, then go over to the coffee maker again. Tomorrow morning I am moving the coffee maker to the same corner as the cups. I didn’t even mention the fact that the coffee pot spills its contents all over the place every time something is poured from it.
I walked around the yard a little. The grass was still wet and I hate getting my Birks wet. Bob tried sneaking up on me. He startled me, but I knew it was him so there was no heart stopping or anything that dramatic. Sorry Bob. The yard is gorgeous. The house sits on seven acres and the description claims that this is a tree farm, but outside of seeing lots of trees, there is no evidence that this is a farm.

Cassie and Michael took a trip up to Dunkin Donuts. Now that Cassie is an employee of Double D (as I like to call it) that has become a favorite place. The truck did not start when they tried to leave. It seems that my positive (whatever the heck that is) has a loose connection. The truck did this to me a few weeks ago at Southgate Mall. It wouldn’t start or turn over or anything. Bob came to the rescue, again. Good thing I had the truck tuned up and all that good stuff before we left. Thanks 21st Century Auto. In their defense, tightening up the connections on the battery is not usually part of a tune up. We are heading out to do some shopping today. Target, here we come!

We never got to Target. We went to the mall instead. We all split up and it went like this- Cassie and Ariel in one group, Michael and Jacob and the second group, and Matthew, Hannah, Bob, and me. Bob took the little ones into an Under Armor store and I went to Starbucks. It took a really long time to get our coffees and when I finally got them I made my way all the way back to the UA store and they were gone. I called Bob and he said he was at Sbarro’s. I walked to the other end of the mall and got to the food court, walked over to Sbarro’s. No Bob. I called him, no answer. I called him again, again no answer. He finally called me back and said that he was at still at Sbarro’s. That was when we realized that there was more than one Sbarro’s at this gigantic mall. Everyone purchased a little bit and about four hours later we headed back to the house.

Tonight the kids actually cared a little about the fireflies. Ariel and Jacob tried to catch one, but they had nothing to put it in.

No comments: