Friday, July 11, 2008

New York Times


I live in Florida, but the New York Times is my homepage. That sounds funny- it sounds like the New York Times is my homeboy. Anyway, sorry for the digression, I like to start my day with some news. First I had it at Yahoo. I had Yahoo as my homepage practically from the first day that I had Internet. Then, dissatisfied with the way the news was presented (the format, not the content) I switched to Comcast, which was even worse. So, I decided to try the NYT. So far, so good. If at some time I decide I need a switch I will go to USA Today next. The reason I am telling you all of this is because you may not know that the NYT has articles on the web that you can access going as far back as 1851! I was looking for an article that I read a few months ago and when I tried their search I got articles going all the way back to 1911. I was able to easily restrict my search to articles written in the last year. This is really cool. Check it out. This is especially a great resource for students who want to be able to access information for papers and don't want to rely strictly on books or the (notoriously unreliable) Internet.

No comments: